Roleplayer's Rantings

Thoughts, views, opinions and shouts of a role-player. Here are also the work and results of the role-playing experience.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

A3 Events



Some of the recent events turned out to be quite interesting roleplaying moments. One event that I took part in was the Special Stones Event. And though I did not take part in another event, Kraigon's Curse, it did effect me a lot.

The sessions of roleplays unfolded thus:
For the Special Stones event, we were supposed to collect as many Special Stones as possible. The special stones were dropped by the monsters. And to obtain the rewards, we had to do something as follows.
1. Collect Special Stones.

2. Put 100 on them in a item storage box.

3. Use the item crafter NPC to fabricate a Big Special Stone.

4. Put 5 or 10 or 15 of them in storage boxes and use the item crafting to get a red box
, silver box , or gold box respectively.

Well, it sounded simple, and I decided I would atleast get a red box. So, I set out on other quests, and true enough to briefings of the event-organizers, the monsters were dropping the special stones. Then, the day of the end of the event drew near. It was supposed to close by 28-Dec 5:00 am. 27-Dec happened to be my brithday, and I had a tuff call.

I had to slum and go against feeble monsters to increase my monster kill rate, so that I could get enough Special Stones. But there was a catch. Kraigon's Curse was around and that meant players could PK (Player Kill) with out the normal PvP (Player Vs Player penalties). There were all high level characters chasing all the lower level characters who were out on the hunt in the low-level maps.

It was a fun time running away from the high level characters, as my character, Yajna, the Warrior was still in level 16. It was totall chaos, and a game of hide and seek, and mad rush to collect the Special Stones. Finally, on 27-Dec 19:45 I was able to collect 500 Special Stones, make 5 Big Special Stones out of them and got myself a red gift box.

Now, was the moment of truth, as I crossed my finger before opening the box. I was supposed to get a item, but I wondered what use it would be if it turned out to be for some other class that Warrior. And then I opened it. It was a relief. I did not get any item, but I did get 1 million Woonz. That happens to be the currency in the world of Hellmarsh, the realm of A3. 1 million credits was worth all the effort spent for the event.

So, by the end of the day, atleast my alter-ego was a million buck richer. Now, that turned out to be rather good birthday for me.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Oh Cool! You alter-self did turn to be richer on your birthday. Wish your true self could get richer! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home