Roleplayer's Rantings

Thoughts, views, opinions and shouts of a role-player. Here are also the work and results of the role-playing experience.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Writers' block

I have heard this before from many other people, and wondered if it was ever possible to exhaust the never ending stream of thoughts and ideas a mind would create. Now, maintaining a play-by-post roleplaying forum based game, Chaos And Order, I come to realize that such a thing exists.

The point lies in the fact that it is not the stream of thoughts and ideas have ceased, but that we momentarily loose the abillity to visualize them. This happens when we are usually overwhelmed by the immensity of all the things that are bombarded at us. Every stimuli results in a response and formation of idea too seems to be a response. Thus, numerous ideas stream at the point where it is visualized, and that seems to result in what all call as writer's block.

Chaos And Order was setup by my friend and me, by the end of Dec-2004. It seemed to flourish with initial thrust but soon it started walking the corridors of inactivity. But some where at the later part of Sep-2005, it kicked of again, and has been going in good pace. My other friend had issues with real life, and could not give any time to the game, but I trudged on. I even found another one, who chose to be a GM.

I just hope my present writer's block does not mark the begenning of another waning period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home